Smart shoppers know that car insurance companies don’t want policyholders to compare prices from other companies. Drivers who get comparison quotes at least once a year will presumably move their business because there is a high probability of finding a lower rate. A study showed that people who shopped around every year saved over $865 a year as compared to drivers who didn’t regularly shop around.
If finding the best rates on Scion xB insurance in Virginia Beach is your goal, then having a grasp of the best ways to find and compare insurance rates can make it simple to find affordable coverage.
The recommended way to get more affordable car insurance rates in Virginia Beach is to regularly compare quotes from insurance carriers who can sell car insurance in Virginia.
First, read about how insurance companies determine prices and the measures you can take to prevent expensive coverage. Many rating factors that drive up the price such as traffic citations, accidents, and a bad credit rating can be remedied by being financially responsible and driving safely.
Second, compare prices from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only quote rates from one company like GEICO or State Farm, while independent agents can provide prices for a wide range of companies.
Third, compare the price quotes to your existing coverage to see if cheaper xB coverage is available in Virginia Beach. If you can save money and decide to switch, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
One bit of advice is to use the same liability limits and deductibles on each quote request and and to get price estimates from as many different companies as possible. Doing this helps ensure an apples-to-apples comparison and a thorough selection of prices.
Locating the best rates in Virginia Beach is not rocket science. If you have a current auto insurance policy, you will most likely be able to find better prices using the ideas covered in this article. Consumers just need to understand the most efficient way to buy auto insurance on the web.
The majority of larger companies allow you to get price estimates from their websites. Getting Scion xB insurance prices online is easy for anyone because it’s just a matter of typing in the coverage amounts you desire as requested by the quote form. Behind the scenes, their quoting system will order your driving and credit reports and provides a quote.
The ability to get online rates for Scion xB insurance in Virginia Beach makes it simple to compare prices and it’s also necessary to have as many quotes as possible if you are searching for cheap insurance pricing.
To quickly get comparison pricing now, compare rate quotes from the providers shown below. If you have coverage now, it’s recommended you enter the coverage information as close as possible to your current policy. Doing this guarantees you’re receiving rate comparison quotes for exact coverage.
The providers in the list below are our best choices to provide quotes in Virginia. To get cheap auto insurance in Virginia Beach, it’s highly recommended you click on several of them in order to find the lowest rates.
Why you need quality insurance for your xB
Even though it can be expensive, insurance serves an important purpose.
- Most states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means state laws require specific limits of liability insurance coverage if you don’t want to risk a ticket. In Virginia these limits are 25/50/20 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $20,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your xB with a loan, almost every bank will require you to buy full coverage to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If you default on your policy, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Scion for a much higher rate and force you to reimburse them for the expensive policy.
- Insurance safeguards not only your Scion xB but also your assets. Insurance will also pay for medical transport and hospital expenses for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, will also pay for a defense attorney if you are sued as the result of an accident. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, collision and comprehensive coverages will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance are without a doubt worth the cost, especially with large liability claims. As of last year, the average driver in Virginia is wasting up to $825 a year so smart consumers compare quotes at every renewal to make sure the price is not too high.
Rates and information analytics
The rate information displayed next highlights different insurance rates for Scion xB models. Having a good understanding how insurance rates are figured can assist in making smart choices when choosing a car insurance company.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data based on single male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Virginia minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, claim-free, safe-driver, multi-policy, and multi-vehicle. Information does not factor in specific garaging location which can raise or lower coverage rates substantially.
Lower-cost Virginia Beach auto insurance rates with discounts
Some companies don’t always advertise every possible discount in a way that’s easy to find, so we researched both well-publicized as well as some of the hidden discounts that you can inquire about if you buy Virginia Beach auto insurance online.
- Clubs and Organizations – Being in specific professional or occupational memberships or organizations is a good way to get lower rates when getting a Virginia Beach auto insurance quote.
- No Claims – Drivers with accident-free driving histories get the best auto insurance rates when compared with frequent claim filers.
- Discount for Low Mileage – Driving less can earn discounted premium rates on garaged vehicles.
- Resident Student – Any of your kids who live away from home at college and do not take a car to college could qualify for this discount.
- Government Employee Discount – Having worked for a branch of the government could cut as much as 10% off depending on your company.
- More Vehicles More Savings – Buying a policy with more than one vehicle with the same auto insurance company could earn a price break for each car.
- Good Student Discount – Being a good student could provide a savings of up to 20% or more. Most companies allow this discount up until you turn 25.
- Discounts for New Vehicles – Buying a new car instead of a used xB may earn a small discount due to better safety requirements for newer models.
We need to note that most credits do not apply to the whole policy. Some only reduce individual premiums such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. So when the math indicates all those discounts means the company will pay you, you’re out of luck.
The illustration below shows the difference between Scion xB car insurance rates with and without discounts applied to the policy rates. The costs are based on a male driver, no accidents, no driving violations, Virginia state minimum liability limits, comp and collision included, and $250 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with homeowner, marriage, multi-policy, safe-driver, claim-free, and multi-car discounts applied.
To see auto insurance companies who offer auto insurance discounts in Virginia, follow this link.
Are auto insurance agents obsolete?
Many drivers still prefer to talk to an insurance agent and that can be a smart move Agents will help you protect your assets and help in the event of a claim. The best thing about price shopping on the web is you can get better rates and still buy from a local agent.
Once you complete this simple form, your information is emailed to local insurance agents that provide free Virginia Beach auto insurance quotes to get your business. You never need to find an agent because prices are sent to your email. In the event you want to get a comparison quote for a specific company, you can always jump over to their website and submit a quote form there.
Finding a good insurer shouldn’t rely on just the price. You should also get answers to these questions.
- How is replacement cost determined on your vehicle?
- Are they full-time agents?
- Which companies can they place coverage with?
- Are you getting all the discounts the company offers?
- Do you work with a CSR or direct with the agent?
If you’re trying to find a reliable agent, it’s important to understand the different types of agents and how they work. Car insurance agents in Virginia Beach can be classified as either exclusive or independent. Both types can properly insure your vehicles, but it is important to understand why they differ since it can impact buying decisions.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
These type of agents can only quote rates from one company like State Farm, AAA, and Liberty Mutual. Exclusive agents are unable to provide rate quotes from other companies so always compare other rates. These agents are well trained on their company’s products which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums. Drivers often buy from exclusive agents mostly because of the prominence of the brand and solid financial strength.
Below are exclusive agents in Virginia Beach willing to provide rate quotes.
- Al Taxter – State Farm Insurance Agent
6070 Indian River Rd #104 – Virginia Beach, VA 23464 – (757) 420-2575 – View Map
- Michael Weeks – State Farm Insurance Agent
Shopping Ctr Ste 103, 979 Chimney Hill Pkwy – Virginia Beach, VA 23452 – (757) 463-2400 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Richard C. Barbosa, II
4382 Holland Plaza Shopping Ctr, # Ce – Virginia Beach, VA 23452 – (757) 431-0217 – View Map
Independent Car Insurance Agencies
Agents that elect to be independent are not limited to a single company so they can insure your vehicles through lots of different companies enabling the ability to shop coverage around. If they find a lower price, they can switch companies in-house and you stay with the same agent. If you need lower rates, you will definitely want to compare quotes from at a minimum one independent agency so that you have a good selection of quotes to compare. They often place coverage with less well-known companies which may provide better rates.
The following are Virginia Beach independent insurance agencies that can give you rate quotes.
- Nationwide Insurance: Lovas Insurance Agency Inc
244 Mustang Trail #1 – Virginia Beach, VA 23452 – (757) 340-8310 – View Map
- Nationwide Insurance: Mayo Insurance Agency Inc
1917 Laskin Rd Ste 101 – Virginia Beach, VA 23454 – (757) 496-5685 – View Map
- Hampton Roads Insurance
633-D Independence Blvd – Virginia Beach, VA 23462 – (757) 285-4754 – View Map
Your situation helps dictate your coverage
Always keep in mind that when comparing coverage for your vehicles, there really is no one size fits all plan. Each situation is unique and your car insurance should unique, too.
For example, these questions may help you determine whether or not you would benefit from professional advice.
- Does coverage extend to a rental car in a foreign country?
- Is my Scion xB covered for smoke damage?
- Are my tools covered if they get stolen from my vehicle?
- Is my nanny covered when transporting my kids?
- Is rental equipment covered for theft or damage?
- Does my insurance cover my expensive audio equipment?
- Do I get a pro-rated refund if I cancel my policy early?
- Does every company file a SR-22 automatically?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but you know they apply to you, you may need to chat with a licensed insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, fill out this quick form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area. It’s fast, free and can provide invaluable advice.
Persistence will pay off
In this article, we covered quite a bit of information on how to compare Scion xB insurance prices in Virginia Beach. It’s most important to understand that the more price quotes you have, the better your chances of lowering your rates. Consumers could even find that the lowest prices come from a company that doesn’t do a lot of advertising. These smaller insurers may cover specific market segments cheaper than the large multi-state companies such as State Farm, GEICO and Nationwide.
Budget-friendly insurance in Virginia Beach can be found on the web as well as from independent agents in Virginia Beach, so get free Virginia Beach auto insurance quotes from both of them in order to have the best price selection to choose from. Some insurance companies do not offer internet price quotes and many times these regional insurance providers prefer to sell through independent insurance agents.
As you restructure your insurance plan, it’s a bad idea to buy less coverage just to save a little money. Too many times, an accident victim reduced physical damage coverage only to find out they didn’t have enough coverage. The proper strategy is to purchase a proper amount of coverage at an affordable rate.
Additional learning opportunities
- New Honda safety features benefit drivers of all ages (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Rates for a Subaru Outback in Virginia Beach? (FAQ)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for Good Drivers in Virginia Beach? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Virginia Beach Auto Insurance Rates for a Honda CR-V? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Virginia Beach Car Insurance Rates for Low Income Drivers? (FAQ)
- Liability Insurance Coverage (Nationwide)
- Determining Auto Insurance Rates (GEICO)
- Protecting Teens from Drunk Driving (Insurance Information Institute)
- Think You’re a Safe Driver? (State Farm)