Nobody that owns a car looks forward to buying auto insurance, especially when they know they could find lower prices if they just compared rates.
It’s safe to assume that insurance companies don’t want you comparing rates. People who compare rates once a year are highly likely to move their business because there is a high probability of finding more affordable rates. Surprisingly, a recent survey revealed that drivers who compared prices once a year saved about $3,500 over four years compared to other drivers who never shopped around for cheaper prices.
If finding the best rates on Land Rover FreeLander insurance is your ultimate goal, then learning a little about how to find and compare cheaper coverage can make the process more efficient.
Many insurance companies vie for your hard-earned dollar, and because of this it can be hard to compare car insurance companies and uncover the absolute lowest rate on Land Rover FreeLander insurance in Virginia Beach.
Consumers need to get comparison quotes before your next renewal because insurance prices are variable and change quite frequently. Even if you think you had the lowest rates on Land Rover FreeLander insurance in Virginia Beach at your last renewal you may be paying too much now. Ignore everything you know about auto insurance because we’re going to demonstrate the things you must know in order to save money, get proper deductibles and limits, all at the lowest rate.
If you have auto insurance now, you stand a good chance to be able to save money using the concepts covered in this article. Locating the best rates in Virginia Beach can be easy if you know a few tricks. Although Virginia consumers must learn how big insurance companies price online insurance and use it to find better rates.
Discounts can help lower rates on Land Rover FreeLander insurance in Virginia Beach
Not many people think insurance is cheap, but you may be missing some discounts to reduce the price significantly. A few discounts will automatically apply at the time of quoting, but less common discounts must be inquired about before you get the savings.
- Club Memberships – Joining qualifying clubs or civic groups is a good way to get lower rates on your next auto insurance statement.
- Buy New and Save – Adding a new car to your policy can cost up to 25% less due to better safety requirements for new model year vehicles.
- Discounts for Responsible Drivers – Drivers who avoid accidents could pay up to 40% less as compared to drivers with claims.
- Distant Student Discount – College-age children who are enrolled in higher education away from home and won’t have access to an insured vehicle may qualify for this discount.
- Driver Training Discounts – Completing a defensive driving course could cut 5% off your bill and make you a better driver.
- Seat Belts Save – Forcing all vehicle occupants to buckle their seat belts can save up to 15% on the medical payments or PIP coverage costs.
- Passive Restraints – Cars that have air bags or automatic seat belts can get savings as much as 30%.
Consumers should know that some credits don’t apply to all coverage premiums. Some only reduce specific coverage prices like collision or personal injury protection. So even though it sounds like all those discounts means the company will pay you, you won’t be that lucky.
A list of companies and their offered discounts can be read below.
- GEICO discounts include seat belt use, federal employee, anti-lock brakes, good student, and driver training.
- Travelers offers discounts for home ownership, payment discounts, early quote, IntelliDrive, and student away at school.
- Nationwide offers discounts including defensive driving, accident-free, anti-theft, easy pay, Farm Bureau membership, business or organization, and family plan.
- Farmers Insurance may include discounts for alternative fuel, teen driver, electronic funds transfer, pay in full, mature driver, and youthful driver.
- Esurance has discounts for Pac-12 alumni, multi-car, anti-theft, defensive driver, and claim free.
- State Farm policyholders can earn discounts including multiple autos, Steer Clear safe driver discount, accident-free, multiple policy, and safe vehicle.
- Progressive may offer discounts for online signing, multi-vehicle, continuous coverage, online quote discount, and good student.
- Mercury Insurance offers premium reductions for age of vehicle, ease of repair, good driver, anti-theft, and annual mileage.
Before purchasing a policy, check with every company to apply every possible discount. Some of the discounts discussed earlier might not apply in your area.
Compare Virginia Beach Land Rover FreeLander insurance quotes online
When comparing car insurance rates, know that comparing more rates from different companies helps locate the best offered rates.
The providers in the list below can provide free rate quotes in Virginia. To get cheap auto insurance in Virginia Beach, VA, we suggest you visit several of them to find the lowest car insurance rates.
Seven Tips to Get Lower-cost Virginia Beach Insurance Rates
Lots of factors are considered when quoting car insurance. A few of the factors are predictable such as your driving history, although some other factors are not quite as obvious such as your credit history or how financially stable you are. It’s important that you understand the different types of things that help calculate your policy premiums. If you understand what positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this enables informed choices that can help you get cheaper rates.
Urban residents pay more – Choosing to live in less populated areas has it’s advantages when it comes to insurance. City drivers tend to have more auto accidents and longer commute times. Fewer people translates into fewer accident claims and a lower car theft rate.
Youthful driver insurance costs – More experienced drivers are shown to be more cautious, cause fewer claims and accidents, and usually have better credit. Young drivers are known to be less responsible behind the wheel and because of this, their insurance rates are much higher.
Combine policies to earn discounts – Lots of insurance companies will give discounts to insureds who consolidate policies with them in the form of a multi-policy discount. Even though this discount sounds good, it’s in your best interest to compare other Virginia Beach FreeLander insurance rates to help guarantee you have the best rates.There is a chance you can save money even if you insure with multiple companies
Obey driving laws and save – Having a clean driving record influences premium rates substantially. Drivers with clean records receive lower rates as compared to careless drivers. Having just one citation can bump up the cost substantially. Drivers who get severe violations such as DWI, reckless driving or hit and run convictions may be required to submit a SR-22 form with their state’s licensing department in order to drive a vehicle legally.
Single drivers take more risk – Getting married may earn you lower rates on your policy. Having a spouse demonstrates that you tend to be more financially stable and it’s statistically proven that drivers who are married are more cautious.
Cheaper rates with high physical damage deductibles – Insurance for physical damage, also known as collision and other-than-collision, is used to repair damage to your Land Rover. Some examples of covered claims could be a broken windshield, collision with an animal, and damage from a fallen tree branch. Comprehensive and collision coverage deductibles state the amount of money you are willing to pay before a claim is paid by your company. The more of the claim you’re willing to pay, the better rate you will receive.
Prices impacted by vehicle usage – The higher the mileage driven each year the more it will cost to insure it. Almost all companies price each vehicle’s coverage partially by how you use the vehicle. Vehicles that sit idle most of the time can get a lower rate than cars that get driven a lot. It’s a good idea to make sure your insurance declarations sheet correctly shows annual mileage. Improper usage on your FreeLander may be costing you higher rates.
Compare rates but buy from a neighborhood Virginia Beach auto insurance agent
Some consumers just want to visit with an insurance agent and that is OK! The biggest benefit of price shopping on the web is that drivers can save money and get cheap rate quotes but also keep your business local.
After filling out this simple form, your coverage information is transmitted to insurance agents in Virginia Beach that provide free Virginia Beach auto insurance quotes for your coverage. You don’t have to search for any insurance agencies because prices are sent to the email address you provide. It’s the lowest rates AND an agent nearby. If you have a need to get a comparison quote from a specific company, don’t hesitate to search and find their rate quote page and give them your coverage information.
Finding the right insurance company requires more thought than just a low price. Here are some questions to ask:
- Do they have adequate Errors and Omissions coverage? This protects you if they make a mistake.
- Are they actively involved in the community?
- Do they have any clout with companies to ensure a fair claim settlement?
- Does the agency provide any after hours assistance?
- Do they make recommendations based only on price?
The following are agents in Virginia Beach that can give you rate quotes for Land Rover FreeLander insurance in Virginia Beach.
After talking to the agent and getting good responses for all questions you ask in addition to an acceptable price estimate, you may have just found an provider that can be relied on to provide insurance coverage. Just remember policyholders can cancel your policy when you choose so never assume you are locked into a specific company for the entire policy term.
Three good reasons to insure your FreeLander
Despite the fact that insurance is not cheap in Virginia Beach, buying insurance serves several important purposes.
- Almost all states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means state laws require a minimum amount of liability insurance coverage in order to license the vehicle. In Virginia these limits are 25/50/20 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $20,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your Land Rover with a loan, it’s most likely the lender will stipulate that you buy full coverage to protect their interest in the vehicle. If you let the policy lapse, the bank may insure your Land Rover at a more expensive rate and require you to fork over for the expensive policy.
- Insurance safeguards your Land Rover FreeLander and your assets. It will also provide coverage for medical expenses for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit if you cause an accident and are sued. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of having insurance definitely exceed the cost, particularly when you have a large claim. Unknowingly, the average driver is currently overpaying as much as $830 a year so compare rates at every renewal to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Persistence will pay off
We covered many tips how you can reduce Land Rover FreeLander insurance premium rates online in Virginia Beach. The most important thing to understand is the more providers you compare, the higher your chance of finding affordable Virginia Beach auto insurance quotes. Consumers may even find the best price on insurance is with a small local company. Regional companies may often insure only within specific states and give better rates than their larger competitors like State Farm, GEICO and Nationwide.
When shopping online for insurance, do not buy poor coverage just to save money. In many instances, an insured cut liability limits or collision coverage and found out when filing a claim they didn’t purchase enough coverage. The aim is to purchase plenty of coverage at the lowest possible cost, but don’t skip important coverages to save money.
How to find cheaper Land Rover FreeLander insurance in Virginia Beach
The recommended way to find low-cost prices for auto insurance rates in Virginia Beach is to do an annual price comparison from insurers that sell auto insurance in Virginia.
- Step 1: Try to comprehend how insurance companies determine prices and the modifications you can make to keep rates low. Many rating criteria that increase rates like at-fault accidents, careless driving, and your credit history can be amended by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes.
- Step 2: Compare price quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive agents and direct companies can give quotes from one company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while independent agents can provide rate quotes for a wide range of companies.
- Step 3: Compare the price quotes to your existing coverage to determine if switching companies saves money. If you find a lower rate, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Step 4: Provide adequate notice to your current company to cancel the current policy and submit the completed application along with a down payment for the new coverage. When you receive it, keep your new certificate verifying coverage above your visor, in the console, or in the glove compartment.
The key aspect of shopping around is that you’ll want to make sure you compare the same coverage limits and deductibles on every quote request and and to get rate quotes from every company you can. Doing this enables the most accurate price comparison and the most accurate and complete price analysis.
More tips and info about insurance can be found by following these links:
- Coverage Information (Progressive Insurance)
- Who Has the Cheapest Virginia Beach Auto Insurance for Seniors? (FAQ)
- Credit and Insurance Scores (Insurance Information Institute)
- Understanding Rental Car Insurance (Insurance Information Institute)