If you want to save money, the best way to get cheaper Volvo XC90 insurance is to annually compare prices from insurance carriers that sell auto insurance in Virginia Beach.
Step 1: Try to learn a little about auto insurance and the modifications you can make to prevent high rates. Many rating factors that cause rate increases like traffic tickets, fender benders, and a low credit rating can be rectified by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility. Continue reading for information to help keep rates affordable and find available discounts that you may qualify for.
Step 2: Compare price quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only give prices from a single company like GEICO or State Farm, while independent agencies can provide rate quotes for a wide range of companies. Select a company
Step 3: Compare the new rates to your current policy premium and determine if there is any savings. If you can save money and decide to switch, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
Step 4: Notify your current company of your intent to cancel your current car insurance policy and submit a down payment along with a completed application for your new coverage. Immediately store the certificate verifying coverage in an easily accessible location.
One key aspect of rate comparisons is to try to use identical limits and deductibles on every price quote and and to get price quotes from as many companies as possible. This ensures a fair rate comparison and the best price selection.
It’s an obvious conclusion that insurance companies want to keep your business as long as possible. People who shop rates annually are very likely to switch to a new company because they have a good chance of finding more affordable rates. A recent insurance study revealed that consumers who regularly shopped around saved over $865 annually compared to those who don’t regularly compare prices.
If finding the cheapest rates on car insurance is your target objective, then having a grasp of how to compare cheaper coverage can make it simple to find affordable coverage.
How Your XC90 Insurance Premiums are Determined
Consumers need to have an understanding of some of the things that aid in calculating your premiums. When you understand what positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this enables you to make decisions that could help you find lower premium levels.
The following are some of the most rate-impacting factors that factor into prices.
Vocation reflects on prices – Occupational choices like fire fighters, airline pilots, and medical professionals tend to have higher rates than the rest of us in part from intense work-related stress and lengthy work days. On the flip side, jobs such as scientists, athletes and the unemployed pay lower than average rates.
Insurance costs are higher for high performance vehicles – The make and model of the car, truck or SUV you need insurance for makes a significant difference in your car insurance bill. The most favorable rates will normally be found when insuring economy passenger vehicles, but other factors influence the final cost greatly.
The data below uses these variables: married male driver age 20, full coverage with $1000 deductibles, and no discounts or violations. The chart compares Volvo XC90 policy rates compared to other models of vehicles that have different performance risks.
Deter theft and pay less – Purchasing a vehicle that has a built-in theft deterrent system can get you a discount on your insurance. Anti-theft features like vehicle immobilizer systems, General Motors OnStar and LoJack tracking systems all aid in stopping your car from being stolen.
Incidental coverages can waste money – There are many additional coverages that you can buy if you aren’t diligent. Insurance for rental car coverage, accidental death, and extra equipment coverage are examples of these. They may seem good when buying your policy, but if you have no use for them get rid of them and save.
Younger drivers pay high premiums – Older people are shown to be more cautious, tend to cause fewer accidents, and are safer drivers. Teenage drivers are statistically shown to get distracted easily with other occupants in the car and because of this, their insurance rates are much higher.
The chart below assumes a single driver, full coverage with $100 deductibles, and no discounts or violations.
The following companies can provide price quotes in Virginia Beach, VA. To locate the best cheap auto insurance in Virginia Beach, it’s highly recommended you visit two to three different companies to find the most affordable auto insurance rates.
Insurance analysis for a Volvo XC90
The price information shown below outlines detailed analysis of prices for Volvo XC90 models. Having a better understanding of how auto insurance prices are determined helps drivers make smart choices when comparing insurance rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|XC90 3.2 2WD||$108||$212||$248||$14||$74||$656||$55|
|XC90 3.2 R-Design 2WD||$108||$212||$248||$14||$74||$656||$55|
|XC90 3.2 AWD||$120||$244||$248||$14||$74||$700||$58|
|XC90 V8 AWD||$120||$244||$248||$14||$74||$700||$58|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Above prices assume married male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and Virginia minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, safe-driver, multi-vehicle, homeowner, and claim-free. Price information does not factor in your specific Virginia Beach location which can revise coverage prices significantly.
Rate comparison of men versus women in Virginia Beach
The diagram below illustrates the comparison of Volvo XC90 premium costs for male and female drivers. The prices are based on no claims or violations, comp and collision included, $500 deductibles, single marital status, and no other discounts are factored in.
Rate comparison of full coverage and liability-only
The diagram below illustrates the difference between Volvo XC90 car insurance costs with full coverage compared to only the Virginia minimum liability coverage. The data is based on no tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, marital status is single, and no policy discounts are applied.
Should you pay for full coverage or liability only?
There is no exact rule to stop paying for full coverage, but there is a guideline you can use. If the annual cost of coverage is more than about 10% of the settlement you would receive from your company, then it might be time to buy liability only.
For example, let’s pretend your Volvo XC90 settlement value is $5,000 and you have $1,000 full coverage deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled in an accident, the most your company will settle for is $4,000 after the deductible is paid. If you are paying more than $400 annually for physical damage coverage, then it could be time to drop full coverage.
There are some conditions where removing full coverage is not recommended. If you still owe money on your vehicle, you have to maintain full coverage to protect the lienholder’s interest. Also, if your finances do not allow you to purchase a different vehicle in case of an accident, you should not consider dropping full coverage.
Three good reasons to insure your Volvo XC90
Even though it can be expensive, insurance is required in Virginia but it also protects you in many ways.
- The majority of states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means state laws require specific limits of liability coverage in order to license the vehicle. In Virginia these limits are 25/50/20 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $20,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your XC90 has a lienholder, almost all lenders will make it mandatory that you carry insurance to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totaled. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the lender may insure your Volvo at an extremely high rate and force you to reimburse them the higher price.
- Auto insurance protects both your assets and your vehicle. Insurance will also pay for medical expenses that are the result of an accident. Liability coverage also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, your auto insurance policy will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance are without a doubt worth the cost, especially for larger claims. Despite what companies tell you, the average driver is overpaying more than $750 every year so it’s recommended you shop around at every policy renewal to save money.
Cheap Virginia Beach auto insurance rates with discounts
Car insurance can cost a lot, but there may be some discounts that could help you make your next renewal payment. Most are applied when you quote, but once in a while a discount must be requested specifically before being credited.
- Pay Upfront and Save – By making one initial payment rather than paying monthly you could save 5% or more.
- Passive Restraints and Air Bags – Factory options such as air bags or motorized seat belts can qualify for discounts of 20 to 30 percent.
- Driver Education Discount – Cut your cost by having your teen driver successfully take a driver’s education course as it can save substantially.
- E-sign – Some auto insurance companies may give you up to $50 for buying your policy on the web.
- More Vehicles More Savings – Buying coverage for multiple vehicles on a single policy could earn a price break for each car.
- Bundle and Save – If you can combine your homeowners and auto policy with the same company you may earn at least 10 to 15 percent or more.
- Early Signing – Some insurance companies reward drivers for signing up before your current expiration date. The savings is around 10%.
You should keep in mind that some credits don’t apply to all coverage premiums. Most only cut specific coverage prices like physical damage coverage or medical payments. Despite the fact that it seems like all the discounts add up to a free policy, it doesn’t quite work that way.
The diagram below illustrates the difference between Volvo XC90 auto insurance rates with and without discounts. The rate quotes are based on a male driver, no violations or accidents, Virginia state minimum liability limits, full coverage, and $1,000 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-car, claim-free, homeowner, multi-policy, marriage, and safe-driver discounts applied.
Popular auto insurance companies and some of their more popular discounts can be read below.
- Farm Bureau may include discounts for multi-policy, renewal discount, good student, youthful driver, multi-vehicle, 55 and retired, and safe driver.
- Liberty Mutual has savings for exclusive group savings, safety features, newly married, multi-policy, and good student.
- State Farm has discounts for safe vehicle, Drive Safe & Save, driver’s education, passive restraint, and multiple policy.
- Auto-Owners Insurance may have discounts that include anti-lock brakes, multi-policy, multiple vehicles, good student, paid in full, safe vehicle, and paperless.
- GEICO offers discounts for five-year accident-free, military active duty, federal employee, seat belt use, daytime running lights, good student, and anti-theft.
- SAFECO offers discounts including anti-theft, teen safety rewards, homeowner, multi-car, bundle discounts, and teen safe driver.
When comparing rates, check with each company how many discounts you can get. Discounts may not be offered in your state. To choose companies with discount rates in Virginia, follow this link.
Compare prices but buy from a local neighborhood Virginia Beach car insurance agent
Many people would prefer to buy from a licensed agent and we recommend doing that Experienced insurance agents are very good at helping people manage risk and give you someone to call. The biggest benefit of getting free rate quotes online is that you can obtain lower car insurance rates and still choose a local agent.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this simple form, your information is emailed to agents in your area who want to provide quotes for your business. You never need to search for any insurance agencies since rate quotes are delivered to you instantly. If you wish to compare prices from a particular provider, don’t hesitate to find their quoting web page and submit a quote form there.
Selecting an provider should include more criteria than just a cheap quote. Before buying a policy in Virginia Beach, get answers to these questions.
- Will they give you a referral list?
- What insurance companies do they recommend if they are an independent agent?
- Is there a Errors and Omissions policy in force?
- Do they receive special compensation for putting your coverage with one company over another?
- How does the company pay claims for a total loss?
- Do you have coverage for a rental car if your vehicle is in the repair shop?
- Is their price quote a firm figure or are their hidden costs?
- What company holds the largest book of business for them?
What types of auto insurance agents are in Virginia Beach?
If you need to find an insurance agent, you should know the different types of agents that you can select. Virginia Beach agents can either be exclusive or independent (non-exclusive). Either can sell and service insurance coverage, but it’s important to know the difference between them because it can factor into which type of agent you select.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents in the exclusive channel can only provide pricing for a single company and some examples include State Farm, AAA, Farmers Insurance or Allstate. They usually cannot provide other company’s prices so they have no alternatives for high prices. These agents are usually quite knowledgeable on their products and sales techniques which helps offset the inability to provide other markets. Many people use the same agent primarily because of the prominence of the brand and solid financial strength.
Listed below are Virginia Beach exclusive insurance agencies willing to provide price quote information.
- Allstate Insurance: Richard C. Barbosa, II
4382 Holland Plaza Shopping Ctr, # Ce – Virginia Beach, VA 23452 – (757) 431-0217 – View Map
- Michael Weeks – State Farm Insurance Agent
Shopping Ctr Ste 103, 979 Chimney Hill Pkwy – Virginia Beach, VA 23452 – (757) 463-2400 – View Map
- Jessica Hester – State Farm Insurance Agent
2247 W Great Neck Rd #102 – Virginia Beach, VA 23451 – (757) 481-1840 – View Map
Independent Insurance Agents
Independent agencies do not have single company limitations so they can write business through lots of different companies and potentially find a lower price. If they find a lower price, your agent can just switch to a different company which requires no work on your part.
When comparison shopping, it’s recommended you compare prices from independent agents in order to have the best price comparison. A lot of them also have access to mutual insurance companies which can save you money.
The following is a list of independent insurance agents in Virginia Beach that can give you price quotes.
- Towne Insurance
301 Bendix Rd #300 – Virginia Beach, VA 23452 – (757) 468-6100 – View Map
- Nationwide Insurance: Chesson Insurance Agency Inc
307 Lynnhaven Pkwy Ste 201 – Virginia Beach, VA 23452 – (757) 464-4443 – View Map
- Nationwide Insurance: Mayo Insurance Agency Inc
1917 Laskin Rd Ste 101 – Virginia Beach, VA 23454 – (757) 496-5685 – View Map
Virginia Beach car insurance companies
Buying coverage from the right insurance company can be a challenge considering how many companies there are in Virginia Beach. The company rank data displayed below may help you pick which car insurance companies you want to consider shopping prices with.
Top 10 Virginia Beach Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Claims Service
- State Farm
- Liberty Mutual
- American Family
- AAA Insurance
- Titan Insurance
Tailor your car insurance coverage to you
When it comes to insurance from an agent or online for your personal vehicles, there is no cookie cutter policy. Each situation is unique.
Here are some questions about coverages that could help you determine if your insurance needs would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- Where can I get insurance after a DUI in Virginia?
- At what point should I drop full coverage?
- Am I covered when driving someone else’s vehicle?
- Is my custom paint covered by insurance?
- When should my teen driver be added to my policy?
- Can I afford low physical damage deductibles?
- Am I covered if I back into my garage door?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but a few of them apply, you might consider talking to a licensed insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, complete this form. It’s fast, free and may give you better protection.
Lower rates by being persistent
When shopping online for insurance, do not reduce coverage to reduce premium. There have been many situations where someone dropped comprehensive coverage or liability limits only to find out that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. The proper strategy is to purchase a proper amount of coverage at the best price, not the least amount of coverage.
Cheaper insurance in Virginia Beach is attainable on the web in addition to many Virginia Beach insurance agents, and you need to price shop both to have the best rate selection. Some companies do not offer online price quotes and many times these regional carriers only sell through independent agents.
You just learned many ideas to compare Volvo XC90 insurance car insurance rates in Virginia Beach. The most important thing to understand is the more quotes you get, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. You may even be surprised to find that the lowest car insurance rates are with a company that doesn’t do a lot of advertising.
Much more information about insurance in Virginia can be found below:
- Side Impact Crash Tests (iihs.org)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Rates for Teenagers in Virginia Beach? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for 19 Year Olds in Virginia Beach? (FAQ)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for Good Drivers in Virginia Beach? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance for a Nissan Sentra in Virginia Beach? (FAQ)
- How Does Hitting a Deer Impact Insurance Rates? (Allstate)
- Electronic Stability Control FAQ (iihs.org)
- Older Driver Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)