Regrettably, most insurance buyers have bought insurance from the same company for four years or more, and nearly half have never compared rates with other companies. With the average premium in Virginia being $1,240, drivers could save roughly 45% each year by just comparing quotes, but they don’t believe the large savings they would see if they just switched companies.
To save the most money, the best way to find discount Volvo V60 insurance is to make a habit of regularly comparing prices from different companies who provide car insurance in Virginia Beach.
- Step 1: It will benefit you to learn about policy coverages and the modifications you can make to keep rates down. Many rating factors that increase rates like accidents, traffic tickets, and an imperfect credit score can be improved by paying attention to minor details. Read the full article for instructions to get affordable coverage and find overlooked discounts.
- Step 2: Quote rates from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct and exclusive agents can only give prices from one company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while independent agencies can quote prices for a wide range of companies.
- Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to your existing rates and determine if there is any savings. If you find better rates and buy the policy, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
The most important part of shopping around is to use identical limits and deductibles on each price quote and and to compare as many different companies as possible. Doing this enables a level playing field and and a good selection of different prices.
Affordable companies for Volvo V60 insurance
The companies in the list below are our best choices to provide free quotes in Virginia Beach, VA. In order to find cheaper car insurance in Virginia Beach, it’s highly recommended you visit several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Lower-cost Virginia Beach car insurance rates with discounts
Some insurers don’t always advertise every possible discount very well, so we researched some of the more common as well as some of the hidden discounts that you can inquire about if you buy Virginia Beach auto insurance online. If you do not check that you are getting every discount you deserve, you are throwing money away.
- E-sign – A few larger online companies will discount your bill up to fifty bucks for completing your application online.
- Senior Citizen Discount – Seniors may qualify for a discount up to 10%.
- Multiple Policy Discount – If you have multiple policies and insure them with the same company you may save up to 20% off your total V60 insurance premium.
- Driver Education Discount – Make teen driver coverage more affordable by requiring them to enroll in driver’s education if offered at their school.
- Good Student Discount – This discount could provide a savings of up to 20% or more. Many companies even apply the discount to college students until age 25.
- College Student – Youth drivers who are enrolled in a college that is more than 100 miles from Virginia Beach without a vehicle on campus can be insured at a reduced rate.
- Auto/Life Discount – Larger insurance carriers have a lower car insurance rate if you buy some life insurance too.
- ABS Brakes – Cars and trucks with ABS braking systems or traction control can stop better under adverse conditions and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Telematics Discount – Virginia Beach drivers who agree to allow companies to look at driving patterns by using a small device installed in their vehicle such as Progressive’s Snapshot could possibly reduce rates if they are good drivers.
Don’t be shocked that some credits don’t apply to the whole policy. Some only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like liability and collision coverage. So when the math indicates having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, it’s just not the way it works.
To choose insurance companies that have a full spectrum of discounts in Virginia Beach, click here to view.
You may need specialized insurance coverage
Keep in mind that when it comes to choosing coverage, there is no “perfect” insurance plan. Everyone’s needs are different so your insurance needs to address that. Here are some questions about coverages that can aid in determining whether your personal situation may require specific advice.
- Does my personal policy cover me when driving out-of-state?
- How do I file an SR-22 for a DUI in Virginia?
- Can I insure my car for more than it’s worth?
- Am I covered if hit by an uninsured driver?
- Is my cargo covered for damage or theft?
- Am I covered when driving on a suspended license?
- Are my friends covered when driving my car?
- Does having multiple vehicles earn me a discount?
- Does insurance cover tools stolen from my truck?
Compare prices but still have a local Virginia Beach insurance agent
A small number of people would rather talk to a local agent and that is a personal choice. The best thing about comparing rates online is you can get the best rates and still have an agent to talk to. Buying insurance from neighborhood insurance agencies is especially important in Virginia Beach.
By using this simple form, your insurance data is sent to insurance agents in Virginia Beach who will give you bids for your business. You won’t even need to search for any insurance agencies due to the fact that quote results will go directly to your email. You can get cheaper auto insurance rates and an insurance agent to talk to. If you wish to get a rate quote from a particular provider, you can always search and find their rate quote page and complete a quote there.
If you want to use a reputable agency, you should know the different types of agents and how they differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Virginia Beach agents can be described as either exclusive or independent.
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Independent insurance agents do not sell for just one brand so they can quote policies through lots of different companies and possibly get better coverage at lower prices. If prices rise, your agent can just switch to a different company which makes it simple for you. If you need cheaper auto insurance rates, you will definitely want to get rate quotes from a couple of independent agencies for maximum quote selection. Most independent agents also contract with less well-known companies which can save you money.
Listed below are independent insurance agencies in Virginia Beach who may provide rate quotes.
- The Coelho insurance agency
800 Seahawk Cir #142 – Virginia Beach, VA 23452 – (757) 437-9647 – View Map
- Huffman Insurance Agency
5541 Parliament Dr #209 – Virginia Beach, VA 23462 – (757) 200-3183 – View Map
- WBR Insurance
3213 Virginia Beach Blvd – Virginia Beach, VA 23452 – (757) 340-0028 – View Map
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agents
Agents that elect to be exclusive can only place business with one company and some examples include Allstate, Farmers Insurance, State Farm, and AAA. They generally cannot compare other company’s rates so keep that in mind. Exclusive agents are trained well on their company’s products and that allows them to sell at a higher price point. Some people will only use the same exclusive agent primarily because of the brand rather than having the cheapest rates.
The following are Virginia Beach exclusive insurance agents that can give you price quote information.
- Mike McDonald – State Farm Insurance Agent
2122 General Booth Blvd #102 – Virginia Beach, VA 23454 – (757) 721-3300 – View Map
- John White State Farm®
1776 Princess Anne Rd – Virginia Beach, VA 23456 – (757) 426-2886 – View Map
- Matt Abbott – State Farm Insurance Agent
4646 Princess Anne Rd #103 – Virginia Beach, VA 23462 – (757) 497-1999 – View Map
Finding a good insurance agent should depend on more than just the quoted price. Any agent in Virginia Beach should be forthright in answering these questions:
- Can they provide you with a list of referrals?
- What company holds the largest book of business for them?
- Do they regularly work with personal auto policies in Virginia Beach?
- Will one accident increase rates?
- Are they able to influence company decisions when a claim is filed?
- Will the quote change when the policy is issued?
- What kind of financial rating does the company have?
- What discounts might you be missing?
The lowest rates come from being thorough
While you’re price shopping online, do not buy poor coverage just to save money. There are too many instances where someone dropped collision coverage only to discover later that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. The goal is to buy enough coverage at the best cost, not the least amount of coverage.
Affordable Volvo V60 insurance in Virginia Beach can be bought on the web as well as from insurance agents, and you should compare rates from both to have the best selection. Some companies may not have the ability to get a quote online and usually these regional insurance providers only sell through independent agencies.
- Auto Theft Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Affordable Virginia Beach Auto Insurance Quotes for Electric Cars? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for 17 Year Olds in Virginia Beach? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Quotes for Young Drivers in Virginia Beach? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Quotes for a Dodge Ram in Virginia Beach? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Virginia Beach Auto Insurance for Used Cars? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance for a Nissan Sentra in Virginia Beach? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Quotes for a Nissan Rogue in Virginia Beach? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Virginia Beach Auto Insurance Quotes for a Chevrolet Silverado? (FAQ)
- Vehicle Insurance (Wikipedia)
- New vehicle ratings focus on headlights (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Distracted Driving (Insurance Information Institute)
- Prom Night Tips for Teen Drivers (State Farm)